Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sweetness & stones


I haven't shared much publicly lately but I shared with my group last night.....some of this has got to come out!! "If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!"  Sometimes I feel like bursting:-)
Oh the joy of seeing Gandalf again(the movie one)!  In  the Hobbit we don't get to see Sam or Legolas but I  do in my real life!  For Christmas my Sam gave me "Jesus Today" by Sarah Young and my  Legolas gave me "Jesus calling" by Sarah Young.  Celia the Great (not a character from Lord of the Rings but my own life) gave me "My Utmost for His Highest" almost 14 years ago now and Sam and Legolas both know that I read and am challenged much by it but often contemplate taking a break from it.  The morning of  January 1st as I got ready for my morning reading I considered not commiting to another year of My Utmost- it can be a tough book- but I took out my pen and on the first page where I write down the year I penned "2013".  So here I go into 2013 with Jesus Today, Jesus Calling, My Utmost, Breaking Free Day by Day (by Beth moore given to me by Victoria years ago), Spirit Blessings, and my precious Bible!  I just giggled to myself because I used the word "precious"!!  If you aren't a Lord of the Rings fan then some of this may not make any sense but then again even if you are a fan it may make no sense to you? 
"Keep communicating with me about your situation and be willing to WAIT without PUSHING for immediate resolution.  Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength" Jesus Today.  I read this last week.  Last week, I tried to PUSH for immediate resolution... I pushed before I read now I'm WAITING and communicating.  I guess I was pushing so much last week because I wasn't working as much and my heart is growing and needs to move where the roots have room to grow and where there is an abundance of sun and water(symbolism).   I am still selling shoes at Cabela's and now I am back at Great Harvest again selling bread I am proud of.  The last time I posted on here I was just beggining training at Cabela's, almost a year ago.  This is not exactly what I had in mind when I went back to school over 3 years ago now to get a degree and a license.  I have continued to go down the pay scale each year not up!   At first I was grateful for the extra time off last week as the boys were out of school and they need their momma(or some kind of referree around).  I saw it as a blessing, a much needed break from the crazy, crazy retail world.  It has been a long month and a half of Christmas music, if thats what they called it and non-stop shoppers.  I didn't realize people shopped all the time!  But then I remembered money and some reality hit!  Trust God I said to myself, you'll be fine, you always are taken care of.  So Saturday Owen and I met with my Gandalf(not the movie one) and his wife, yes he is married (in real life not in the movie).  When Owen and I returned there was an envelope waiting for me with $420 in cash!!!! WOW! Catches me by surprise every time I get money from a "friend".  This Christmas season the boys and I were given money by two different "friends".  I wouldn't be able to live with out my "friends" giving me money at many different times through these last years.  I make $8 an hour selling shoes.  Like I said, not my plan but that is what it is.  I have interviewed and applied for jobs.  I strongly believe that God placed me in the shoe department at Cabela's for a reason.  I won't share the details but they are pretty convincing.  Now it is January and things in the retail and food world slow way down.  Today I am typing this because Tim at Great Harvest didn't need me to work today.  And again tomorrow I will be off from Cabela's as I am down to about 1 to 2 days a week now.  So I find myself asking what do I need to  do Lord? 
" Come to me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish.   Ask My Spirit to control your mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me.  Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered.  Time is a trainer, teaching you to WAIT upon me, to trust me Me in the dark.  The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power and Glory at work in your situation.....Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life."  Jesus Calling January 6.  Well, I am praying my circumstances don't get too extreme as there are other things happening in my life that I won't disclose but I have been through extreme and don't really want to do it again!  God has always told  me that if I do my part, He will do His part.  He is faithful.  He is trustworthy.  And He never, ever leaves me so I trust Him.  Meanwhile I pray, look for jobs, talk to people,prepare and  pray some more!  "Eyes wide open" is a new favorite song of mine- the link is on my facebook.  It has Mac from Third Day and Jars of Clay singer- 2 of my favorites.  It is a sweet and challenging song!  I am praying that my eyes would be open and I will not be silent but speak to all who will  listen about how SWEET Jesus is to me!!  LOVE is kind and daring!!  Scary but sweet....LOVE!!

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing your heart friend. I'm so glad you are trusting and waiting. Praying with you. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, P! You always challenge me to be more! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot you had a blog! Love it and love you.

    ReplyDelete